Monday, June 23, 2008

Serenity

It is said that, 'You can't change the world but you can always change yourself.' So, if you and I start to change, then we have already begun changing the world. Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. I've learned that life is like hour glass sand. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom, but all you have to do is be patience and wait for something to turn everything back around. I've also learned that things change, people change, and it doesn't mean you forget the past or try to cover it up; it simply means that you move on and treasure the memories. Letting go doesn't mean giving up, it means accepting that some things weren't meant to be.

Love is the greatest feeling we will ever have, yet it is also one of the greatest sorrows. There is so much suffering, but then there are times when the crying, pain, and heartache is worth it. Those moments are perfect, they are right. Those moments make all the suffering worth while. It's those moments we should live for. Sometimes we must get hurt in order to grow, we must fail in order to know, Sometimes our vision clears only after our eyes are washed away with tears and sometimes our trusting hand that guides us through life won't always be there, and that's the time when you really grow up and face life for the first time. But that hand will always be close by.

Everything in life is temporary, because everything changes. That's why it takes great courage to love, knowing it might end anytime but having the faith it will last forever. Just keep the faith and let love lead the way. Everything will work out right if you let love lead the way.

Watching you walk out of my life hasn't made me bitter or cynical about love, but rather, it has shown me that if I wanted so badly to be with the wrong person, how beautiful it will be when the right one comes along. After a while I learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul, and I learn that love doesn't mean leaning and company doesn't mean security, and I begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts and presents aren't promises, and I begin to accept my defeats with my head up and my eyes open, with the grace of an adult, not the grief of a child.

I learn to build all my roads on today because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans. After a while I learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much. So, plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers. And I learn that I really can endure... that I'm really strong, and really do have worth.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the strength to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

-JePP-
My Sweet Room
MoIS, MY.

No comments: